Finally, Windows 10 version 20H2 aka October 2020 update officially available for everyone with a number of new features, bug fixes, and a ton of changes under the hood. That means the company has worked hard to make the performance better on windows 10 machines. Well, Microsoft has begun pushing out the latest update to Windows 10 computers via the traditional windows update tool.
Beginning today, windows 10 October 2020 Update is available for customers seeking to install the latest release. If you are ready to install the update, open your Windows Update settings (Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update) and select Check for updates. Once the update appears, you can select Download and install now.
Update: Windows 10 version 20H2 ISO is Available for download. And you can use this link Windows 10 ISO to download it direct from Microsoft official site.
Upgrade to Windows 10 version 20H2
- Go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update
- Select Check for updates.
- You will notice “feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2” available as an optional update.
- Click on the “Download and install now” link to get October 2020 update installed on your PC
- Follow the installation process and reboot. You can schedule the restart if you prefer.
In case you’re not seeing the update today, it might not be quite ready for your device. In particular, older devices may have to wait a little longer for it to appear. Microsoft notes that there may be a compatibility issue preventing you from getting it immediately.
Alternatively, you can download Microsoft’s update assistant or Media Creation Tool which will bypass the usual checks and allow you to install windows 10’s may update.
Windows 10 Update Assistant
- Microsoft provides an Update Assistant tool that can be used to fast-track your PC to the newest and most up to date version of Windows 10. You can download it from this site.
- Once downloaded, double-click the tool, It will now scan your PC and Check for the latest update.
- Windows should now start downloading the Windows 10 October 2020 Update in the background, and it will install when ready.
Note: Your PC will restart a few times – so save any work first – and then your PC will be updated with the April Update, while all your files and settings will remain where they were.
Windows 10 Media creation tool
Again Media creation tool is one of the best ways to upgrade the computers to the latest version of the operating system. You can also Download IOS or perform a clean installation of Windows 10 version 20H2 aka may Update with Media Creation Tool.
You can use the following steps to install the update:
- Download the Media Creation Tool from here.
- Follow the on-screen steps and select the Upgrade this PC now option, and choose to Keep Personal files and apps.
- Keep patience and the system will be upgraded in a couple of hours.
Or You Can Download Windows 10 ISO Direct from Microsoft official site And perform the Clean installation to the latest Windows 10 version 20H2.
Windows 10 version 20H2 features
Here are the main new features included in the October 2020 Update, as explained by Microsoft today:
- The biggest visual change in windows 10 20H2 update is the updated start menu, where the company kills off the solid color behind app logos and adds transparent background to tiles, make it easier to scan to find apps.
- Traditionally Alt+Tab keyboard shortcut used to quickly switch between apps and the list now includes all open tabs in Microsoft Edge.
- You can now change your PC’s refresh rate in the Settings app—without visiting the old Control Panel. To find this option, head to Settings > System > Display > Advanced Display Settings.
- And the classic “System” page in the Control Panel has been removed. When you try to open it, you’ll be taken to the About page in the new Settings app.