Panama-registered NordVPN is a hugely popular VPN provider with more than 12 million customers around the globe. The company sells itself on features, and there’s a lot to like.
How many servers does NordVPN have?
The NordVPN network has 5,441 servers in 80 locations across 59 countries.
What platforms does NordVPN have apps for?
You get Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux and Android TV apps, and NordVPN also offers tutorials to set up the service on many more devices.
How many devices can you use with NordVPN?
NordVPN boasts support for six simultaneous connections, meaning you can use up to six devices; and that’s probably enough for you to use all your devices at once.
- Want to try NordVPN? Check out the website here
What features do you get with NordVPN?
NordVPN offers all the technical features you’d expect, including OpenVPN support for strong encryption and high performance, a kill switch and DNS leak protection to keep your identity safe.
Not-so-common extras include double data encryption and Onion support for extra security, and ad, malware and phishing protection via NordVPN’s CyberSec technology. P2P support is a major plus, and a clear no logging policy and NordVPN’s Panama registration give above-average reassurance that your internet activities won’t be visible to anyone else.
NordVPN’s NordLynx, a high-speed protocol based on WireGuard technology, is now available on Linux and iOS. That’s good news, but it only has limited value right now, as only a few servers support the protocol and your nearest server may be a country or two away. The company says its developers are working on rolling out support for the feature across the full network and client range, but there’s no ETA just yet.
An unusual new feature is the ability to close the VPN connection, and automatically reconnect after a few minutes. If you’ve ever manually disconnected from a VPN to perform some local task, then forgot to reconnect, you’ll appreciate how useful that could be.
If you’re intimidated by this feature overload, or just run into some unexpected problems, NordVPN’s 24/7 support is on hand to point you in the right direction, via email or live chat.
NordVPN’s prices are fair, and if you’re not quite convinced that this is the VPN for you, a 30-day money-back guarantee gives you a risk-free route to sampling the service for yourself.
Got any further questions about the basics of NordVPN? Then see our FAQ at the end of this article.
Here’s a rundown of the latest changes and additions since we last updated our NordVPN review, which we will update monthly going forward.
- August 2020: Server coverage increased: NordVPN now has over 5,500 servers in 59 countries.
- July 2020: Server coverage increased: NordVPN now has 5,282 servers in 59 countries.
- June 2020: Change to server coverage: NordVPN now has 5,024 servers in 59 countries.
- Windows app got revamped. Apart from improved stability and performance, some new features have been added, like auto-connect on all Wi-Fi networks.
- May 2020: Change to server coverage: NordVPN now has 5,441 servers in 59 countries. Note that the server number decreased from the previous month, because as NordVPN explains, “due to the coronavirus pandemic and global lockdowns, we saw a huge spike in usage (especially in Italy), so we added more servers, [but] now the situation is coming back to normal.”
- April 2020: Change to server coverage: NordVPN has 5,875 servers in 59 countries.