Being one the most popular social media management platforms on the market, Hootsuite often looks like the primary option for users looking for a way to manage their social media exchanges and interactions. Hootsuite offers many tools to assist you through your social media adventures, such as scheduling, planning, task management, and integration with most social media platforms.
However, there are also a number of drawbacks that might not sit well with new users and veterans on the platform, such as constant issues with Facebook integration, expensive pricing for certain features, the point system, and so on. Luckily, there are plenty of quality alternative platforms on the market, offering different services and tools at different price points.
To help you make a better and more informed choice when selecting a social media management platform, we have carefully selected the Top 5 Hootsuite Alternatives in 2022.
When talking about alternatives to Hootsuite, it is hard not to mention Buffer. It is one of the older platforms and the first true alternative to Hootsuite. Buffer works as a scheduling tool for multiple social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. It also features a visual calendar and a comprehensive feed for each social network. There are many different helpful tools to discover with Buffer, and it all comes with one of the lower prices currently on the market and a 14-day free trial period.
There are currently four different monthly plans to choose from:
- Free – 3 channels, Basic publishing tools, Landing page builder
- Essentials ($6/month per channel) – Unlimited channels, Planning & Publishing tools, Engagement tools, Landing page builder & more
- Team ($12/month per channel) – Unlimited channels, Essential features, Unlimited team members and clients & more
- Agency ($120/month per channel) – 10 social channels, $6 for each additional channel, Team features, Custom access, and permission & more
Sendible is a solid Hootsuite alternative that offers many useful tools and functions and is widely used by many individual users and agencies. Much like the other alternatives, it offers a connection to many social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.
However, Sendible also features a social media inbox, which takes all of your social media updates into a unified feed, which can be a massive timesaver. It also features a state-of-the-art scheduling system with plenty of features to make content sharing as easy and accessible as possible, and it all comes with a 14-day free trial period.
Sendible also offers four different monthly plans:
- Creator ($24/month) – 1 user, 6 social profiles, 1-click reports
- Traction ($75/month) – 4 users, 24 social profiles, 1-click reports
- Scale ($165/month) – 7 users, 49 social profiles, 14 custom reports
- Expansion ($349/month) – 15 users, 105 social profiles, 45 custom reports
Agorapulse might be the best Hootsuite alternative if you are new to the world’s social media management platforms. It takes every necessary social media management tool and feature and packs it into a user-friendly and accessible system that will get you successfully managing your social media posts and activities in no time.
It has one of the highest user satisfaction ratings on the market and very quick and responsive customer support. Be it reviews, comments, posts, or even social media campaign reports, Agorapulse offers a tool or feature to make the process that much smoother.
Agorapulse offers three different plans, all with a 15-day free trial period.
- Pro ($99/month) – 2 users, 10 social profiles
- Premium ($199/month) – 4 users, 20 social profiles
- Custom – 8+ users, 40+ social profiles
4. Meet Edgar
Meet Edgar is a social media management platform suited for individual users, entrepreneurs, and small businesses and agencies. It offers many solutions for automated publishing, scheduling, and organization of content, all the while being easy to pick up and use immediately. When compared to the other alternatives, Meet Edgar is relatively limited when it comes to different prices and offers.
Currently, it offers two different plans:
- Meet Edgar Starter ($30/month) – 5 social accounts, Unlimited scheduled posts, 10 weekly automation, 20 team members
- Meet Edgar Business ($50/month) – 25 social accounts, Unlimited scheduled posts, 1000 weekly automation, 20 team members.
5. Sprout Social
Sprout Social is a fast-growing alternative to Hootsuite, tailored more towards large businesses and enterprises. It offers all the features and tools you would need and expect from a solid social media management platform, but it also has a couple of additional surprises up its sleeve.
The schedule advisor tells you when it’s the best time to post on social media, and you can receive and manage that information comfortably from the Sprout Social mobile app. You can also view and compare your social media engagement and performance with that of your competitors. Sprout
Social offers three different plans, which come with a 30-day free trial period:
- Standard ($99/month) – 5 social profiles, All-in-one social inbox, Tasking, and social CRM tools & more
- Professional ($149/month) – 10 social profiles, Everything standard offers plus Optimal scheduling, Helpdesk, and CRM integrations & more
- Advanced ($249/month) – 10 social profiles, Everything professional offers plus Automated link tracking, Twitter surveys, Chatbots & more.
While Hootsuite is a solid option when choosing a social media management platform, there are many other quality alternatives that might better suit you and your needs. Use the list we have provided to find and decide on which platform works best for you.